|Job Title:||General Operative|
|Department:||Production & Stores|
|Reports to:||Business Unit Leader|
- Job Description:
To support in production processes with the flexibility to move between different departments as required, such as, Stores, Material Handling, Drills.
Stores main tasks and duties:
- Ensure all materials/products are received through correct processes
- goods off load, verify against paperwork and check quality
- Quality check all internal manufactured products/parts before despatch to customer
- Surface finishing parts, such as: Galv prep, bead blasting, Duralac painting, rumbler, etc
- Use of equipment in stores department, grinding, stud welding, guillotine, air riveting, etc
- Ensure customer orders are complete, packaged & despatched
- Ensure shortage identified & logistics
- Report quality issues
- Ensure correct stock management is put away in appropriate location within warehouse environment g. racking and shelving
- Maintain excellent housekeeping standards – ensure storage, facility equipment and materials are kept n a neat, clean and orderly fashion
Material Handler main tasks and duties:
- Efficiently unload and store raw material in appropriate areas
- Verify quantity of good received and quality check has been carried out
- Prepare product for next process and deliver to required area of factory
- Conduct stock takes and order stock as required
- Sort cuttings
- Report quality issues
- Maintain the facilities equipment and materials in a neat, clean and orderly fashion
- On a daily basis, inspect and perform minor maintenance on the forklift
Drills main tasks and duties:
- Operation of the drills
- Operation of tap arms
- Reading and interpretation of engineering drawings
- Prepare and Update Documentation within despatch department e.g. delivery note
Health and Safety:
- Carry out duties at all times in a safe and responsible manner whilst conforming to current Health and Safety Regulations.
- Ensure communications are maintained at the highest possible level with colleagues and keep your Manager advised of impending situations which could develop into more serious problems.
- Develop mutual respect with all employees and colleagues, by ensuring that all dealings are objective and impartial
- Ensure compliance with the Company’s Equal Opportunity Policy and maintain a neutral working environment
- Assist in any other activities at the request of Management that may be required to support business needs.
- General Competencies:
Competencies support and complement the vision, mission and values of the company. They are the behaviours all employees should demonstrate on a daily basis to ensure we meet our business objectives.
|Communication||· Anticipates & resolves conflict in a win-win manner;|
· Is able to influence others through logical communication;
· Provides timely feedback in a constructive way;
· Able to communicate to & on behalf of team.
|Teamwork||· Recognises efforts of others & actively listens, encourages those around them;|
· Creates a positive team spirit to support the achievement of objectives;
· Ensures the team as a whole is working towards one common goal/purpose.
|Initiative||· Helps develop others’ ideas within the team & drives the team to achieve their goals;|
· Defines new processes & implements them;
· Takes risks & makes positive steps even in the toughest of situations;
· Makes positive changes happen, even if they seem impossible at the beginning.
|Adaptability||· Adjusts plans & activities to respond to business needs;|
· Communicates the need for change & takes account of the bigger picture;
· Provides structures, systems & support mechanisms during change;
· Prepares, coaches and supports others to adapt to large scale change.
|Customer Focus||· Ensures customer needs are incorporated into department plan;|
· Identifies & analyses customer needs & anticipates future needs;
· Sets performance standards for customer service;
· Monitors quality of customer service.
|Innovation||· Encourages creativity in others & supports where necessary;|
· Encourages the implementation of innovative solutions in the team & the business;
· Encourages sharing between teams to promote new approaches.
- Personnel Specification:
- 2 years experience of working within a manufacturing/production environment
- High level of knowledge of reading and understanding numbers
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings
- Knowledge of working with Metal products
- Understanding of production processes from receiving goods in, manufacturing/production, to despatch
- Flexible in approach to work and have an ability to carry out, where necessary, other tasks
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to liaise in a professional manner with customers
- Computer literate with Microsoft Office applications
- Clean driving licence
Please email your CV to HR@hutchinson-engineering.co.uk or call HR on 028 29540302