To carry out required tasks and duties in your production area and to ensure that materials are welded and fabricated to conform to standards and specifications.
Main tasks and duties:
- To operate the welding equipment according to correct methods of work.
- Ability to weld Mild Steel using the Mig Welding process.
- To include fitting, forming and joining of raw materials.
- To produce quality products which meet or exceed customer expectations.
- To meet agreed production targets according to customer demands.
- To carry out the agreed preventative maintenance schedule.
- To suggest continuous improvement/best practice solutions.
- To participate in training and improvement activities and to train others as required.
- To be willing and capable to learn new and established processes and procedures within given time-scales as required by manager.
- Ensure all waste material or product is dealt with correctly and in a prompt manner.
- Any other duties may be reasonably required in line with your training and experience.
Health and Safety:
- To ensure that adequate standards of safety, housekeeping and cleanliness are applied and maintained in the workplace.
- Carry out duties at all times in a safe and responsible manner whilst conforming to current Health and Safety Regulations.
- Ensure communications are maintained at the highest possible level with colleagues and keep you Manager advised of impending situations which could develop into more serious problems.
- Develop mutual respect with all employees and colleagues, by ensuring that all dealings are objective and impartial.
- Ensure compliance with the Company's Equal Opportunity Policy and maintain a neutral working environment.
- Assist in any other activities at the request of Management that may be required to support business needs.
Competencies support and complement the vision, mission and values of the company. They are the behaviours all employees should demonstrate on a daily basis to ensure we meet our business objectives.
- Anticipates & resolves conflict in a win-win manner;
- Is able to influence others through logical communication;
- Provides timely feedback in a constructive way;
- Able to communicate to & on behalf of team.
- Recognises efforts of others & actively listens, encourages those around them;
- Creates a positive team spirit to support the achievement of objectives;
- Ensures the team as a whole is working towards one common goal/purpose.
- Helps develop others’ ideas within the team & drives the team to achieve their goals;
- Defines new processes & implements them;
- Takes risks & makes positive steps even in the toughest of situations;
- Makes positive changes happen, even if they seem impossible at the beginning.
- Adjusts plans & activities to respond to business needs;
- Communicates the need for change & takes account of the bigger picture;
- Provides structures, systems & support mechanisms during change;
- Prepares, coaches and supports others to adapt to large scale change.
- Ensures customer needs are incorporated into department plan;
- Identifies & analyses customer needs & anticipates future needs;
- Sets performance standards for customer service;
- Monitors quality of customer service.
- Encourages creativity in others & supports where necessary;
- Encourages the implementation of innovative solutions in the team & the business;
- Encourages sharing between teams to promote new approaches.
- 3 years experience in Mig welding Mild Steel
- Experience of interpreting engineering drawings
- Must be flexible to work shift patterns
- Experience of working in a high volume manufacturing environment
- Minimum Maths & English GCSE or equivalent
- Experience in Mig/Tig welding in Stainless Steel or Aluminium
- Basic machinery maintenance
- 3 years Fabrication experience
To apply, email your CV to email@example.com, complete the form below or call 028 2954 0302