- Job Description:
To ensure efficient management, costing and control of all sub-contract and purchasing functions.
Main tasks and duties:
- Control of orders/parts needing external processing
- Ensure accurate pricing of all orders
- PO verification against sage details
- Run exception report from MPM & Sage. Follow up with suppliers on orders due, ensuring LT are maintained
- Management of “hot” or “expedited” requirements
- Manage supplier delivery performance in full
- Track and monitor for late shipments against plan
- Manage MRP system to ensure latest pricing / best price is achieved
- To suggest continuous improvement/best practice solutions
- Any other administrative duties that arise
Health and Safety:
- Carry out duties at all times in a safe and responsible manner whilst conforming to current Health and Safety Regulations.
- Ensure communications are maintained at the highest possible level with colleagues and keep you Manager advised of impending situations which could develop into more serious problems.
- Develop mutual respect with all employees and colleagues, by ensuring that all dealings are objective and impartial
- Ensure compliance with the Company’s Equal Opportunity Policy and maintain a neutral working environment
- Assist in any other activities at the request of Management that may be required to support business needs.
- General Competencies:
Competencies support and complement the vision, mission and values of the company. They are the behaviours all employees should demonstrate on a daily basis to ensure we meet our business objectives.
|Communication||· Anticipates & resolves conflict in a win-win manner;|
· Is able to influence others through logical communication;
· Provides timely feedback in a constructive way;
· Able to communicate to & on behalf of team.
|Teamwork||· Recognises efforts of others & actively listens, encourages those around them;|
· Creates a positive team spirit to support the achievement of objectives;
· Ensures the team as a whole is working towards one common goal/purpose.
|Initiative||· Helps develop others’ ideas within the team & drives the team to achieve their goals;|
· Defines new processes & implements them;
· Takes risks & makes positive steps even in the toughest of situations;
· Makes positive changes happen, even if they seem impossible at the beginning.
|Adaptability||· Adjusts plans & activities to respond to business needs;|
· Communicates the need for change & takes account of the bigger picture;
· Provides structures, systems & support mechanisms during change;
· Prepares, coaches and supports others to adapt to large scale change.
|Customer Focus||· Ensures customer needs are incorporated into department plan;|
· Identifies & analyses customer needs & anticipates future needs;
· Sets performance standards for customer service;
· Monitors quality of customer service.
|Innovation||· Encourages creativity in others & supports where necessary;|
· Encourages the implementation of innovative solutions in the team & the business;
· Encourages sharing between teams to promote new approaches.
Closing Date 9th July 2021
Please email your CV to HR@hutchinson-engineering.co.uk or call HR on 028 29540302