CNC Laser Operative
Business Unit Leader
To carry out required tasks and duties on production lines, including ancillary equipment and machinery to ensure that production materials, process and finished products to conform to standards and specifications.
Main tasks and duties:
- To set-up, start-up and control production machinery and ancillary equipment as required by the department.
- To print works orders and drawings
- Generate programme for production realisation, producing quality programmes which meet or exceed customer expectations
- To programme data using Trutops
- To operate the CNC laser cutting machinery according to correct methods of work.
- To assist in all aspects of product realisation
- To ensure that production process is maintained in accordance with the required quality standards.
- To ensure that finished products conform to pre-determined standards and specifications, which meet or exceed customer expectations
- To deal with non-conforming materials, processes and products in accordance with Company procedures.
- To meet agreed production targets according to customer demands.
- To carry out the agreed preventative maintenance schedule.
- To participate in training and improvement activities and to train others as required.
- To be willing and capable to learn new and established processes and procedures within given time-scales as required by your Manager.
- To suggest continuous improvement/best practice solutions.
- Ensure all waste material or product is dealt with correctly and in a prompt manner.
- 2 years experience within an Engineering/Manufacturing environment
- At least 1 year experience with Trumpf Tube/Flat Bed Laser/ CNC Metal Work
- Experience of working within a high volume mass production environment.
- Programming experience would be an advantage
- Experience of interpreting engineering drawings
- Basic machinery maintenance
- Must be flexible to work shift patterns (longer term)
- Minimum Maths & English GCSE or equivalent
- IT skills (including Solid Works & AutoCAD)
- FLT Licence
Please forward your CV to email@example.com